Lunes, Setyembre 8, 2014

Food Trip of the Week : Steamed Banana Bread

Hi there!


Good morning!

I've been asking myself, why have I not posted any dessert on my blog?

Answer? I don't know how to do them.

True.

When it comes to baking or something similar to that I have no idea at all. So whenever there is a get together in our family be sure to find something from the bakeshop or grocery for dessert. It takes time and effort to bake, and this is something that someone should really worked on given that person have the time and patience to learn. 

I bought the necessary ingredients in making a banana cake/bread except for...guess what?!! The banana! Shoot.

I have watched enough videos on Youtube and searched for the recipe in Google so I think I'm good to go. I will try making this recipe, hopefully it will turned well. (Fingers crossed!)


Banana cake first try :)

The above image is my first try in making banana cake.I used the same mold the 2nd time but you can see the difference in texture. Although the first try was good in terms of taste but it's not yet fluffy mukhang matigas sya pero masarap na, kailangan pala ng konting baking powder para umalsa.


Banana Cake

Ingredients:
  • 6 pieces         overripe, lacatan banana (smashed)
  • 2 cups           all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup             brown sugar
  • 1 tsp              baking soda
  • 1 tsp              baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp           salt
  • 1 tsp              vanilla extract
  • 1tsp               baking powder
  • 1/2 bar           butter (melted)
  • 2 medium       eggs 
  • aluminum mold greased with oil.
     
Procedure:

1.  Prepare steamer with water.
2.  Greased individual molds and set aside.
3.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Use whisk to mix.
4.  In a separate bowl, add sugar to the melted butter and mix until well blended.
5.  In another bowl, mashed banana and add to the melted butter and sugar mixture. Then add to the flour mixture.
6.  Mix just to moisten and place in the grease pan.
7.  Steam for 45 minutes until inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
8.  Set to cool for another 10 minutes.
9.  Serve and enjoy.


Banana Cake version 2

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento